Women’s College Softball World Series on ESPN/ESPN2 HD

May 14th, 2008 at 12:04 pm by HDSportsGuide | 26 Comments

Women’s College Softball World Series on ESPN/ESPN2 HD

The NCAA Division I Women’s Softball Championship begins Friday, May 16th. There are 45 scheduled games between ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU, with up to 17 high definition games for the World Series beginning May 29th.

UPDATE 6/1/2008: Since the championship is down to the final four, we thought it was appropriate to post a Women’s College Softball World Series schedule update in a new post.

2008 NCAA Women’s Softball World Series HD Schedule
Game 3
ESPN (720p)
5/29/2008 9:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 4
ESPN (720p)
5/30/2008 7:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 5 (Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2)
ESPN 2 (720p)
5/30/2008 9:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 6 (Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4)
ESPN 2 (720p)
5/31/2008 12:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 7 (Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2)
ESPN (720p)
5/31/2008 2:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 8 (Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4)
ESPN (720p)
5/31/2008 7:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 9 (Loser Game 6 vs. Winner Game 7)
ESPN (720p)
5/31/2008 9:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 10 (Loser Game 5 vs. Winner Game 8 )
ESPN (720p)
6/1/2008 1:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 11 (Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 9)
ESPN (720p)
6/1/2008 3:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series
Game 12 (Winner Game 6 vs. Winner Game 10)
ESPN (720p)
ESPN 2 (720p)
6/6/2008 8:00 PM Womens College Softball World Series Championship
Game 3 (If Necessary)
ESPN 2 (720p)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: ,

You can follow any comments for this post through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.

26 Comments for “Women’s College Softball World Series on ESPN/ESPN2 HD”

1. Peyton Fox Says:

This blog was very helpful to find the dates and times of the games i want to watch. I’ll definitly use this sight in the future.

2. Gerald Psalmond Says:

I enjoy watching the softball world series and try not to miss a game. I don’t have a team that I pull for, I jest like to watch the games.

ESPN has done a fantastic job televising the games (as always). Starting two years it seem like the officiating is getting worse and worse. I have watched some calls that are just wrong. It seem like the umpires are wanting to be something more than just officials, they want to have an effect on the game results.

I don’t know how they are selected but you would think that they should be unbiased in their calling the game. They are there to enforce the rules of the game not have an impact of the outcome of the game.

Please let me here your comments.

3. Whitney Says:

It would help if they actually listed the names of the teams that won or lost.

4. jan Says:

what’s with my cable tv espn channels being on the blink? dang. can’t watch the games. dang.

5. Lori Says:

What are the girls munchin’ on in the dugout? It appears to be a seed of some sort.

6. Pam Says:

Does anyone know the name of the song or the artist that was played at the end of the championship game? It was about little girls dreams of playing under the Oklahoma sky.

7. Nancy Says:

Yes – the song is called “This Is Our Time” by Todd Thibaud and sung by Sarah Broges. You can download it at this site:

8. Sarah Says:

At the beginning of each game there is a sweet speech about softball players. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find it

9. Amy sm Says:

Bring on the Games…

10. Amy still Says:

I CANT wait…..

11. Marcus Newkiek Says:

When is the 2009 world series dates and times.

12. linda shsirley Says:

Just wondering after watching Washington Huskies, was their pitcher Lawrie pitching illegally when she hopped and her left foot landed completely outside pitching lines on the right side of lane?

13. jodie moody Says:

I am at work with no way to hear or see the game. Thank goodness for DVR’s. GOOD LUCK GEORGIA BULLDOGS and my niece Tori Moody!

14. RICH DI LALLO Says:

THE COVERAGE IS JUST GREAT. GO WILDCATS
    I HAVE ONE REQUEST PLEASE ASK JOHN KRUCK TO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT SPRING TRAINING IN AZ. FOR ALL THE MONEY BALLPLAYERS MADE OR MAKE, JUST GET WITH THE PROGRAM & BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE FANS. WIMPER WIMPER HE HAD TO DRIVE A BIT TO GET WHERE THEY WERE GOING.

15. RICH DI LALLO Says:

I WAS WONDERING WHAT ESPN CAN DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM IN TODAYS WASHINGTON – GEORGIA GAME. WASHINGTON WAS CHEATED OUT OF A HOME RUN BECAUSE OF WHERE THE BALL LANDED BEHIND THE FENCE. THE UMPIRE CALLED IT A FOUL BALL, BUT IT WAS CLEARLY FAIR. I HAVE NOTHNG IN THIS OTHER THAN I ENJOY GOOD SOFTBALL.

16. Bob Thompson Says:

The Georgia pitcher (the second GA/WA game on now) is clearly outside the “box line” on nearly every pitch. I thought that this was not allowed as the ESPN broadcasters have both referenced and stated. Why is this not being called???

17. Karen Says:

Pitcher for Washington (Lawrie) steps out of the box on pitches and is never called on it …. she is OVERRATED>>>>>>>>>>>> ALOT of pitching lane violations

18. Softball lover Says:

John Kruk needs to find a new job far away from softball. The rest are great!

19. Faye Says:

What purpose does John Kruk serve other than to annoy your viewers, demean the players/coaches and contradict the other commentators – who all know softball!

The worst are his inane comparisons with MLB, remarking about players dancing in the dugout, locking arms, or ‘high fiving’ even after a bad play. “You wouldn’t see that in MLB.” When a starter was replaced with a pinch hitter, she became the biggest cheerleader for her replacement. John expected her to sulk in a corner. Women’s softball is a team sport John, not nine pampered individual showboats in the MLB.

Besides that, thanks ESPN for extraordinary coverage.

20. josh Says:

what is the song that was played during the commercials of the washington florida games?

21. tomoften Says:

Funny the TN pitcher does not seem to have a problem with illeagal pitches and she is a frosh also. And slap hitters out of the box, can you say Arizona.

22. John Says:

I thought the commentary for the Washinton/Arizona game is very biased. Just listen for a minute and you can tell who these ladies are pulling for. I am from Louisiana watching and enjoying the game but am about to puke from listening to these two yard flamingos.

23. Ed Says:

PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE TELL THE WOMEN CALLING THE NCAA WOMENS SOFTBALL TOUR. THAT THERE IS NO BLACK PAINTING TO PLATE BY THE PITCHER….THE BLACK ON THE PLATE IS FOR SAFTY SLIDING HOME AND NOTHING ELSE. THE PLATE IS WHITE IS THE ONLY PART OF THE PLATE THAT COUNTS FOR A STRIKE ONLY……

NO BLACK—NO BLACK, CHECK THE RULE BALL ABOUT THE BLACK PART OF THE PLATE……..

24. rick Says:

what happened to Mechelle Smiths hair.

25. Kenny D Says:

I Enjoy watching ALL the Teams compete, I try not to miss any of the games, I miss seeing Kristen Schnakke of the Georgia Bulldogs, I watched her in her snior year and she was the MOST energetic player, she energized ALL of her teamates and I wish she was still playing, I hope she gets to see this and lets me know, ” GO BULLDOGS “

26. Mike Davis Says:

Stacey N….how can you let your partner get away with almost saying that the SEC is equal to the Pac 10 in Softball? You should have jumped all over him like you did over your opponent’s fast balls. Just like the Yankees….count the titles. The SEC may be pretty good but it’s not the PAC 10. Go Sun Devils.